What does an ASO mean?
Just go through the video below clearly explaining what is an ASO?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of increasing the popularity or say visibility of an app or game in the App Store such as google play store or apple store with the goal of increasing organic app downloads.
Apps are more visible when ranked high on a variety of search terms (keyword optimization), ranked high on the top charts, or featured in the store. Additionally, App Store optimization includes activities targeted to convert app impressions into downloads (conversion rate optimization).
The two largest distribution channels for mobile apps are the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). Other options for downloading apps include the Huawei App Gallery, the Amazon App Store, and the Samsung Galaxy Store.
Understanding App Store Optimization
If you are new to ASO, this may be a better way to market your business online than you initially thought.
There is an overlap in policies between traditional search engine optimization (SEO) and ASO – which we will cover in more detail in the next section.
When you think about it, it makes perfect sense.
App stores, in fact, are one-off site search engines based on:
- Easy content (app content) search.
- Additionally, the app is linked to a ranking algorithm:
- Perceived app quality.
- Brand scale.
- User value codes (e.g., reviews, ratings, engagement).
Did you know? Is required.
What is the Goal of an App Store Optimization?
ASO’s focus is on specialist resource applications directly related to improving mobile application (s) rankings in the App Store (such as the iTunes, Google Play, and Windows Store).
Major mobile phones designed for apps are iPhone/iPad, Android, and Windows Phone.
ASO’s goal is almost always app downloads, but affiliate goals include:
- Increase in brand exposure.
- Custom app reviews and ratings.
- More frequent and increased volume of app reviews.
- Audience engagement. Learn about brand engagement
- Additional marketing channel diversification.
- Are you wondering how to justify investing in ASO?
Well, you should know that App Store users and app downloads are growing fast!
According to Statista.com, the number of mobile app downloads worldwide has been steadily increasing since 2016:
- 140.62 billion in 2016.
- 192.47 billion in 2018.
- 205 billion in 2019.
- 219 billion in 2020.
How to Improve Your App ranking through ASO?
Here is a shortlist of ways to improve your app ranking with ASO:
- Use the keywords in your app name
- Include keywords in your app description
- Localization of content. Learn about Local SEO from here.
- Using the proper primary and secondary app categories
- Screenshots and other useful images. Learn about Alt Text for image optimization.
- Let’s take localization as a prime example of how to benefit from ASO. Consider the increased
- potential for conversions when the language and currency of your app are localized to different
- users. This small change will quickly increase your app coverage and speed up the install.
Just go through this another amazing video providing You with the strategy to improve Your ASO.
The needs of your app and its audience will inevitably change over time and your ASO will have to follow suit. It is no coincidence that the top-ranking apps of the App Store regularly manage and update their content. They reflect user feedback in their ASOs and make sure new features are included in the description.
Another way to learn how to improve your ranking is to research the practices of the top-ranked apps in your category. By peeking at your competitor’s ASO, you can optimize your content too and stay ahead of the competition.
Keyword optimization is an important part of ASO work. It contains a selection of the most appropriate and relevant keywords to include in the app’s metadata (title, subtitle, description, keyword fields).
According to Apple, 67% of app downloads are done directly after searching in the App Store.
Conversion rate optimization
The purpose of conversion rate optimization is to increase app downloads. Developers are required to follow specific guidelines (size, material) for each property, both the App Store and the Google Play Store, so they need to be up to date with store specifications.
It is recommended to measure the creative optimization effect by A/B testing. This process involves creating different variations of the visual asset (such as two screenshot options), showing each variation randomly to different user groups, and then comparing conversion rates. Google Play simplifies this process, providing ASO marketers with a built-in A/B testing platform on the Google Play console.
For other platforms, such as the Apple App Store, ASO marketers may run A/B testing through third-party A/B testing tools; Run pre/post-testing (releasing new assets directly to the store and measuring pre-and post-impact); Experiment by country (testing different property variations in the same country), or testing different variations through an advertising platform such as Facebook ads.
You can also increase app visibility by displaying it in the App Store. Being a ‘feature’ means promoting a particularly relevant, high quality, and attractive app through store editors. Although it is very difficult to display in the App Store, studies show that it significantly increases visibility, traffic, and downloads.
Many companies choose to use specific ASO tools on the market. Such tools have many features that simplify the app marketer’s ASO strategy. Key Features of ASO Tools:
- Keyword Research: Keyword Reference, Volume, Installations, Opportunity, and Difficulty (Ranked)
- Keyword tracking and monitoring: ranking history, keyword update effect
- Competition Analysis: Downloads and Revenue Estimates, Metadata Updates, Rankings
- Featured Apps
- Ratings & Reviews: Sentiment Analysis
Hope You find this content useful. Don’t forget to share and leave Your comment. Thank You.